Sunday, August 22, 2010

T Minus 8 Days

In T minus eight days, my thyroid will no longer be living in my throat--it's being evicted for harboring cancer cells without paying a pet deposit.  I wonder what it feels like to have a throat without a thyroid.  Do you get phantom T3 release sensations?  Right now, that cute, little butterfly-shaped gland feels like a Nerf golf ball tucked in my throat. 

So, what's with writing a blog, other than everyone and their goldfish is doing it?  Perhaps the possibility of losing my out-loud voice has inspired me to find an alternative.  I mean, sure, I'm fluent in American Sign Language, but what good does that do me when no one around me signs!  I'd just be mumbling to myself all the time without anyone understanding what I'm saying...which, according to my kids is exactly what I do now, so maybe that's not so bad.

I'm not planning to let the lovely little nugget of joy in my throat take me out.  However, it's best not to underestimate the power of mutant thyroid cells.  It's time for me to listen and learn and keep my eyes open for the opportunities that this kind of experience can bring.  This blog is my visual voice and opportunity to share my thoughts, feelings, and experiences with anyone who may be interested in hearing about them. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment